- Go to the Department of Motor Vehicles office in your area in California
- Make sure to fill out an application for a driver’s license or identification card
- Please provide documentation verifying your identity, Social Security number, and current place of residence
- You must pay a charge of $38 to get a driver’s license
- Clear the written examination
How old do you have to be to get a California license?
Adults must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for a driver’s license in the state of California.As long as you are at least 18 years old, the California Department of Motor Vehicles will normally allow you to apply for a driver’s license that is not provisional.With this license, which is a normal non-commercial credential, you are authorized to operate a motor vehicle inside the state without being subject to any limitations.
How do I get a California learner’s permit?
To pass the driver’s test given by the DMV.In order to be eligible for a driver’s license in the state of California, you must first have held a learner’s permit, which is sometimes referred to as an instruction permit, for at least six months.If you are at least 15 and a half years old but are less than 18 years old, you are eligible to apply for this permission.In most cases, this permit may be granted.