Turner recommends going to Southern California between the months of January and April if you have an interest in gray whales, humpback whales, dolphins, and sea lions. May through September is the best time to look for blue whales and finback whales. And from October through December is the best time to see minke whales.
What months are best for whale watching in Southern California?
- Beginning in late November and continuing until the middle of May is the best time to go whale watching off the coast of Southern California.
- You won’t have to go far from shore to see them breaching and spouting during this time of year.
- Viewpoints that are higher up on bluffs, particularly those that are located at points that protrude out into the water, are the ideal spots to observe them.
What time of day is best to see whales in Southern California?
Mornings are the ideal time of day to go whale watching in Southern California during the season for observing whales since there is less local traffic in the region in the mornings. This is one of the reasons why mornings are the finest time of day.
Are there whales in Southern California right now?
In the summer, it is possible to spot humpback whales in the seas off of Southern California. It is possible to go whale watching in Southern California during the summer months.
What is the best month to go whale watching?
When will I have the best opportunity to see whales? The months of May through September are considered to be the greatest times of the year to watch orca whales. The months of September through January are ideal viewing times for humpback whales, so keep that in mind.
What is the best time to go whale watching in Newport Beach?
Newport Beach, in the winter, is where you should go to see whales. Warmer seas and more opportunities to see blue whales may be expected from May through November. You can see dolphins, seals, and other amazing species in their natural habitats engage in playful behavior at any time of the year.
When can I see whales in Malibu?
The enormous gray whale, which is known to travel along the coast close to the Malibu Beach Inn from the beginning of December until the middle of May, is maybe the most stunning of all.
What kind of whales are in Newport Beach California?
- At least eight different whale species may typically be spotted during whale watching excursions in Newport Beach. BLUE WHALES.
- FIN WHALES.
- GRAY WHALES.
- HUMPBACK WHALES.
- MINKE WHALES.
- BOTTLENOSE DOLPHIN.
- PACIFIC WHITE-SIDED DOLPHIN.
- COMMON DOLPHIN
When can I see whales in Los Angeles?
The months of May through November are traditionally considered to be blue whale season in Los Angeles. When you visit the area during this time, you will have the opportunity to witness these magnificent animals in their natural environment as they come to the surface.
When can you see whales in Laguna Beach?
Although the winter months (usually December through April) are the greatest time to view these particular whales, you will be able to see other cetaceans such as dolphins, orcas, and humpback whales at any time of the year. The ideal time to observe these whales is during the winter months.
When can I see whales in California?
What this indicates is that the months of December through April in California offer the highest chances of spotting migratory humpback whales, orcas, and gray whales. When you come between the months of May and September, you may have the opportunity to observe blue whales and finback whales. From October through December, you may have the opportunity to watch minke whales.
Where is the best place to see blue whales in California?
- Only in their natural habitat will you be able to view them.
- And if you want to view blue whales, Dana Point in California is one of the greatest sites in the world to do so.
- There are more blue whales in the waters off of our shore during the summer months than there are anyplace else in the globe.
Observing blue whales in Southern California is best done during the months of May and October.
Are whales migrating now in California?
- At this same moment, gray whales may be seen traveling around the coast of California.
- This is where you can find them.
- Off the coast of Dana Point, a young gray whale may be seen swimming beside its mother.
The gray whales have returned, and they are currently traveling down the coast of California as they make their way from Alaska to the warm-water lagoons of Baja, Mexico, where they will mate, and then back again.
Can you see whales in California?
When it comes to whale viewing, California is consistently ranked as one of the top destinations worldwide. Approximately 20,000 gray whales embark on the perilous trek from Alaska to Mexico and back again each year. This round trip covers a distance of 6,000 miles.
When to whale watch in San Diego?
- The best time to see blue whales is during the summer, specifically between the months of May and August.
- However, the middle of December through the middle of March are the greatest months to observe whales in San Diego, as this is when the gray whales travel from Alaska to Mexico and back again.
- Because they eat in the shallow seas near to the coast, gray whales are within paddling distance and may even be approached in a kayak.