- Are you curious about the most popular destination state for California residents?
- The correct response is Texas.
- Former residents of California often choose to make their homes in Texas cities including Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Fort Worth.
- There is no individual income tax, which contributes to the much reduced cost of living.
- The weather is somewhat comparable to that of California, which is excellent news.
Where are Californians migrating?
- In any case, the state of California saw a negative migration for the ninth year running.
- There are just a few more states outside those two that can make that claim.
- People from California are relocating to other states and cities around the country, including Texas, Florida, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and even New York.
- Watch this humorous yet surprisingly in-depth report on the Great California Exodus:
How many people move to California each year?
This migration has the potential to change the state over the course of several decades. Around 6.1 million individuals left California for other states during the 2010s, whereas only 4.9 million people relocated to California from other areas of the country. The people who migrate away from California are not the same as those who go to California.
Where to move out of California?
- It can be challenging to determine where you want to relocate to from California, whether you currently live in the Golden State but are considering a change of scenery or you are just seeking for a new place to call home.
- If you’re considering leaving California, the following are ten of the most desirable locations (listed in no particular order) where former residents have settled down and made their homes.
- The ever-famous city of New York
Where are Americans moving?
- It is helpful to be aware of the locations to which Americans are relocating, regardless of whether or not you plan to relocate.
- The following historical analysis of migration in the United States reveals the states that have seen the most cross-country movement from and to themselves.
- The state with the most number of people moving away from it is Illinois, followed by New York and New Jersey.