Nearly 30,000 people call Ridgecrest, which can be found in the middle of California, their home. Ridgecrest is a very small city. The city is situated in a beautiful setting, in a little valley that is encircled on all sides by various mountain ranges, including the Sierra Nevada.
- The distance from California City to Ridgecrest while traveling northeast is 38.64 miles, and when traveling by automobile along the Neuralia Road route, the distance is 51 miles (82.08 kilometers).
- If you drive without stopping, the distance between California City and Ridgecrest is 1 hour and 4 minutes.
- This is the quickest path that may be taken to get from California City, California to Ridgecrest, California.
Where is the city of Ridgecrest located?
The city of Ridgecrest is located in Kern County, California, in the United States, along U.S. Route 395 in the Indian Wells Valley in the northeastern part of Kern County, and it is in close proximity to the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake (NAWS, or China Lake).
Why live in Ridgecrest CA?
The close proximity of the City to two major roads, the 395 and 14, is seen as a positive aspect of the location. The Inyokern Airport is the primary facility for incoming and outgoing air traffic for the city. Because of these characteristics, Ridgecrest serves as a commercial and retail hub for the eastern part of Kern County.
What is the population of Ridgecrest CA 2020?
The population was 27,959 at the time of the census in 2020, which is a modest increase from 27,616 at the time of the census in 2010. The Sierra Nevada to the west, the Cosos to the north, the Argus Range to the east, and the El Paso Mountains to the south form Ridgecrest’s four encompassing mountain ranges.
What major city is Ridgecrest California near?
- The area surrounding Lancaster and Palmdale is approximately 132 kilometers (132 miles) away, while Bakersfield is 110 kilometers (177 kilometers) away, and San Bernardino is approximately 193 kilometers (120 miles) away.
- These are the three major urban centers that are located closest to this location.
- The Inyokern Airport is available for use by anyone seeking private aviation transport into and out of the city.
Is Ridgecrest considered Southern California?
A city in the northern part of the Mojave Desert, Ridgecrest is situated in the northeastern part of Kern County in Southern California.
Is Ridgecrest CA Northern or Southern California?
A Map of Ridgecrest In 1913, the community that is today known as Ridgecrest changed its name from Crumville to that of a city. It is near to the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake and can be found in the Indian Wells Valley in the northeastern part of Kern County in the state of California (NAWS, or China Lake).
Is Ridgecrest CA a good place to live?
- Ridgecrest, which is located in Kern County, is widely regarded as one of the premier residential areas in the state of California.
- The majority of inhabitants in Ridgecrest are homeowners, which contributes to the town’s distinct lack of a dense suburban atmosphere.
- A great number of parks can be found in Ridgecrest.
- Ridgecrest is home to a sizable number of young families as well as young professionals, the majority of whom hold conservative political views.
Is Ridgecrest near Death Valley?
The distance from Ridgecrest to Death Valley National Park is 119 kilometers (74 miles). Driving there will take you around 121.9 miles.
What is Ridgecrest known for?
- Ridgecrest is the only incorporated city in the Indian Wells Valley and is situated in the Mojave Desert to the west of Death Valley National Park.
- Ridgecrest is also the only settlement in the Indian Wells Valley.
- Sunsets in Ridgecrest are particularly breathtaking, and the city’s weather is almost always pleasant and bright.
- The majority of the town’s inhabitants take pleasure in these aspects of their community.
- In the year 2000, there were 24,927 people living there.
Is Ridgecrest in the desert?
Mojave Desert to the east, Sierra Nevada Mountains to the west, and Death Valley National Park to the southwest are the geographic boundaries of Ridgecrest.
What zone is Ridgecrest CA?
The USDA Hardiness Zones 8b and 9a are where you’ll find Ridgecrest, California.
What is that thing north of Ridgecrest?
Ridgecrest is a prosperous town that has a population of around 30,000 people, and China Lake can be found in close proximity to Ridgecrest. The China Lake/Ridgecrest area is conveniently positioned close to three main highways, including the United States Highway 395 as well as the California State Highways 14 and 178.
Is Ridgecrest California growing?
In the U.S. state of California’s Kern County, you’ll find the city of Ridgecrest. In the year 2020, the population of Ridgecrest was 29,339. The current yearly growth rate for Ridgecrest is 0.42 percent, and the city’s population has expanded by 5.98 percent from the most recent census in 2010, which reported a population of 27,684 residents.
Is Ridgecrest a small town?
Ridgecrest is a very tiny town, but it has a lot of untapped potential. Unfortunately, the elected leaders in Ridgecrest are tough to collaborate with, and they do not want Ridgecrest to expand.
How hot does it get in Ridgecrest CA?
In Ridgecrest, the summers are hot, dry, and mostly cloudless, while the winters are cold, dry, and partially overcast. The summers are arid and clear. The temperature seldom drops below 21 degrees Fahrenheit or rises over 110 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the course of a year, although it frequently ranges from 30 degrees Fahrenheit to 103 degrees Fahrenheit.
Is Ridgecrest a safe place?
- In Ridgecrest, there is a one in 57 chance that a person may become a victim of either a violent crime or a property crime.
- According to the statistics provided by the FBI, Ridgecrest is not one of the safest towns in the United States.
- Ridgecrest has a higher rate of violent crime and overall criminal activity compared to California than 44 percent of the state’s other cities and towns of all sizes.
Where is Ridgecrest CA near?
Searles Valley, which has a population of 1,700 and is located 8 miles from the epicenter, Ridgecrest, which has a population of 28,800 and is located 11 miles away, China Lake Acres, which has a population of 1,900 and is located 16 miles away, and Magnolia, which has a population of 1,100 and is located 18 miles away may have felt a very weak shaking during the earthquake.
Where is Ridgecrest in California?
The identify of a guy who passed away in an aircraft crash on November 12 near Ridgecrest has been made public by the coroner’s office in Kern County. San Diego resident David Joseph Moynihan, age 31, was killed in a collision that took place in the open desert to the north of Garlock Road and to the west of Highway 395.